“I believe that everything starts with integrity, trust and understanding; these uncompromising principles are the foundation of what we do.”
As the founder and President of Opus Wealth Management in Dallas, Texas, I am fortunate to work with a team of professionals who are dedicated to serving our clients utilizing one simple, yet powerful golden rule – we provide advice and implementation based on the fact that we would do this exactly the same way for ourselves and our loved ones. If we would not, we don’t recommend it!
I have spent the last 15 years acquiring the knowledge, while developing the team and the processes to bring my clients clear answers to the following questions:
- How do I retire? When? What’s realistic and what do I do if there’s a crash?
- What process can I follow to get a fair return on my investments?
- How do I leave what I have to my children in a protected and financially responsible fashion?
- How do I obtain a simpler more efficient way of managing my finances?
- Am I exposing myself to a financial disaster? What are my blind spots?
- I’m being sold an expensive financial product. How do I know if it’s right for me?
- How do I exit my business with a smooth transition plan into my next life phase?
We walk the people who entrust us through a client-centered (that means we listen and it’s custom to you!) process to answer these questions. Our team will ensure you have the appropriate resources towards reaching your goals.
Early in my career, I realized that this was a knowledge business and chose to invest the time and energy in learning the most possible so I could better serve my clients. I got my M.B.A. from S.M.U., earned my CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM certification and the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation.
On the personal side I’m married to a wonderful woman named Carey. She’s a family doctor in Richardson. In my free time I like to read. I’m a bit of a value investing nerd and love to read anything from Warren Buffett, Ben Graham, Charlie Munger, Seth Klarman, Howard Marks and Jeremy Grantham just to name a few. I consider these gentlemen “intellectual lighthouses” amidst the real world fog.
I feel incredibly lucky to go to work every day in a job centered around something I love and for great people most of whom have become friends.